- Purpose of the Module
- License Configuration
- Module Uses
Purpose of the Module: The SugarPivot module is an integration tool that allows SugarCRM users to pull stories from Pivotal Tracker into SugarCRM.
- After completing the purchase process, install the SugarPivot module and log in as an administrative user.
- From the main page, click the 'Admin' tab located in the top right corner of the page.
- Then, under the 'Developer Tools' section, choose 'Module Loader'.
- Click 'Browse' to choose from the available modules.
- Select the SugarPivot Zip package
- Click 'Upload' and allow the file transfer to complete
- Once the files have completed transferring, choose 'Install'.
- When the module is ready for installation, take a moment to read the 'Software License Agreement'.
- If you agree to the terms of the License Agreement, choose 'Accept', then click 'Commit'.
- Verify that the module completed installation.
- 1. Sync Pivotal Tracker stories – This scheduler imports Pivotal Stories into their corresponding Pivotal Project record.
- 2. Get the Pivotal Project and build drop down – This scheduler imports the listed projects in the drop down menu of the Pivotal Project module.
- Find and click the 'Admin' tab from the drop down menu at the top of the page.
- Scroll down until you see 'License Key' in the Sugar Pivot section, then select License Key.
- Enter the License Key received during the purchase process and click save.
- SugarPivot requires that you have an account with Pivotal Tracker. To begin using SugarPivot, you will need to retrieve your Pivotal Tracker API key.
- To get your Pivotal Tracker API key, go to www.pivotaltracker.com and sign in. Once you are logged in, click your username at the top right of the page and select 'Profile'.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the edit page and copy the API token. The API token will be your API key for Pivotal Tracker in SugarCRM.
- To input your API key into SugarCRM, select 'Admin' from the drop down menu at the top of the page
- Scroll to the bottom of the Admin page. In the SugarPivot section, select 'SugarPivot Settings'.
- Input your API key and save.
- To access the SugarPivot module, select 'Pivotal Projects' from the top menu.
- The Pivotal Projects module contains a list view of existing projects. To create a new Pivotal Project, click the drop down menu and select 'Create Pivotal Project'.
- On the Create Pivotal Project page, you will need to: 1. Input a name for your project, 2. Select a project from Pivotal Tracker, and 3. Save your information.
- When you create a new record in Pivotal Projects, it would help with coordination to give your record the same name as the project you are importing from Pivotal.
- Data is not bi-directional. When you input data like the start and end dates, that information is not exported back into Pivotal Tracker, it is only included in the record that you create.