- Purpose of the Module
- License Configuration
- Module Use
Purpose Resource Allocator was created to enhance the project management functionality of SugarCRM. With Resource Allocator, Sugar users can assign users and contacts to projects and easily track their resources.
Install Guide Installation:
- After completing the purchase, install the Resource Allocator module and log in as an administrator.
- From the main page, click the 'Admin' tab located in the drop down menu at the top right corner of the page.
- Then, under the 'Developer Tools' section, choose 'Module Loader'.
- Click 'Choose File' and select the appropriate .zip file.
- Select the Resource Allocator Zip package
- Click 'Upload' and allow the file transfer to complete.
- Once the files have completed transferring, choose 'Install'.
- When the module is ready for installation, take a moment to read the 'Software License Agreement'.
- If you agree to the terms of the License Agreement, choose 'Accept', then click 'Commit'.
- Verify that the module completed installation.
- Find and click the 'Admin' tab from the drop down menu at the top of the page.
- Scroll down until you see 'License Key' in the Resource Allocator section, then click on it.
- Enter the License Key received during the purchase process and click save.
- To access Resource Allocator, select 'Projects' from the top menu, or the 'More' drop down menu.
- Choose a project from the list view.
- On the following page, scroll down to the Resource Allocation subpanel.
- Click the drop down menu to select a User or Contact to allocate to a project.
- On this page, you also have the option of editing or removing a resource.
- To edit the user's or contact's information regarding the project, select 'Edit' in the drop down menu to the right.
- To remove a resource, select 'Remove' from the drop down menu.
- On the edit page, you can determine the start and end date that your resource will be assigned to the project. You can also write out a description.
- For a visual of the resources allocated to a project, there are two calendar options.
- You can return to your project and select 'Project Calendar' from the drop down menu to view all resources assigned to a project.
- You will then be shown a calendar with the start and end dates that your resources will be associated with the project.
- When you select a resource from the calendar you will be shown that resource's details.
- Your second option is to select 'Employees' from the drop down menu at the top of the page.
- By selecting an employee, you can view that individual's project assignment.
- By clicking the project in the calendar, you will be taken to that project's record view page.