Learn more about the configuration, installation, and use of the Mod Forms SugarCRM module with this user guide.
Table of Contents
- Purpose of the Module
- License Configuration
- Module Uses
Purpose of the Module
The Mod Forms module is like forms engine, it allow user to create a dynamic form to enter data from outside sugar to any module by field mapping.
You can arrange form column after selecting fields by Edit Layout page.
It allow user to add basic field types into forms like Text Field, Text Area, Yes/No (Boolean) and Dropdown.
- After purchasing, install the Mod-Survey module and log in as an admin user.
- From the main page, click the 'Admin' tab.
- Then, under the 'Developer Tools' section, choose 'Module Loader'.
- Click 'Browse' to choose from the available modules.
- Select the ModForms Zip package.
- Click 'Upload' and allow the file transfer to complete.
- Once the files have completed transferring, choose 'Install'.
- When the module is ready for installation, take a moment to read the 'Software License Agreement'.
- If you agree to the terms of the License Agreement, choose 'Accept', then click to 'Commit'.
- Verify that the module completed installation.
- Find and click the 'Admin' tab at the top of the page.
- Scroll down until you see 'License Key' in the Mod Forms section, then click on it.
- Enter the License Key received during purchase process.
- Once you've entered the key, click to save the information.
Module Uses Create Form
Create form opens edit view of form, user will have panel named “Fields”, From where you can select field Label and Field Type into the form.
A Label to display on form.
You can have different field type option.
It will show you dropdown of options if you select Field Type to dropdown.
You can have facility to make field required on form.
If you select either Dropdown or Boolean field type. You will have option to add default value of dropdown.
It opens model dialog box to select mapping to modules.
Here in above screen you have selected modules Contacts and Leads, so when you submit form. It will create a two new records in both module Contacts and Leads with field First Name. If you select Don’t Populate Blank, if field value is empty then it won’t create record for that field mapping.
Make Form Field required from subpanel.
User can make required field from subpanel of Form Fields under Forms.
Customize Form Layout
Once a form has been created and fields that are available set you can customize the layout of the form that will be server to a user. To do this please access "Edit Form Layout" from action menu of a module.
On the Edit Form Layout screen you can chose how many columns the form will have and set the order of fields how they will appear on the form.
Once you have created form and questions on it you are ready to implement the Form into your page that will serve the form. Implementation can be done in 2 ways: Server form through an iFrame on your existing page or Server form page directly In either case you will need the URL that serves form data. The same can be located on Form record we have just created as a value of field Form Url.
Take this URL and use it as source for iFrame or as a Page that you will server directly to your users. Please note, the page is served to users from a SugarCRM instance dynamically so SugarCRM needs to be accesible from Internet.