Picture this scenario
A member of the student services department at a university
receives three calls consecutively:
- The first call is from a student looking to schedule an appointment with career services.
- The second call is from a student asking how their dining plan will affect their financial aid.
- The third call is from an alum that needs information about graduate school.
Today, institutions of higher learning deploy information systems that give staff members access to data to provide responses to questions like these. However, to answer these particular questions, a staff member might have to access three different systems.
To respond to the first caller, the individual in student services would need access to a system containing student biographical data (e.g. Name, Phone Number and Email Address)
To respond to the second caller, this individual would need access to a system containing financial aid information.
To respond to the third caller, the member of student services would need access to a system with alumni data.
At this point, you’re probably thinking, “Wouldn’t it be better if all of this data was available in one system?” The answer to that question is yes.
One of our clients in higher education
found themselves in a situation similar to the one described above. Our solution was to use SugarCRM to consolidate their data onto a single system.
Consolidating our client’s data into Sugar increased their efficiency by:
- Improving response times
- Eliminating the need to access multiple systems
- Decreasing the number of resources needed to respond to a call
The process to consolidate our client’s data into Sugar is represented in the diagram below:
- We built a staging table that collects data from each system
- The data is then imported into the staging table
- Next, we developed a custom module named DMS Management to migrate data into Sugar
- Lastly, the DMS Management Module sorts through data in the staging area and properly inserts it into Sugar.
By using Sugar to consolidate their data, our client increased their CRM’s ROI by making gains in efficiency and improving their ability to provide support to current and former students.
What customizations can your business use to increase your ROI from Sugar? Leave a message in the comments or contact us
. We’d love to begin a conversation with you.