What Does it mean to Convert a Lead?To begin, let’s briefly discuss what converting a lead is, and why this process is important. Lead conversion is basically the process of creating a Contact, Account or Opportunity after a lead has been qualified by a salesperson or someone tasked with lead qualification. A qualified lead can vary based on a business’s unique definition, but generally, it means someone has determined that the lead could become a revenue generator. When you convert leads in SugarCRM, your converted leads can smoothly transition into the next phase of your business’s sales process.
*All upcoming images are from Sugar 7.6
Converting A Lead In SugarCRM
- To convert a lead in SugarCRM, you must first enter the record view of your lead. This can be done by selecting a record from the Leads module list view.
- After selecting a record, click the edit dropdown and choose “Convert”.
- Once you have selected Convert, you will be given the option to create a Contact, Account and an Opportunity.
- Your next step will be associating the lead with a Contact and an Account. Associating an Opportunity is optional.
- After inputting the Leads information, select “Associate Contact” and “Associate Account”. After this step is complete, you will notice a check for these two options.
- Lastly, select “Save and Convert”.
Download Lead Management In SugarCRM 7
Learn everything there is to know about managing leads in SugarCRM 7 all from one source!